Yacht Club was founded in 1950 as the Dartmouth Sailing Club, Our present building had been constructed at the turn of the century for the Channel Coaling Company, whose brass plaque is displayed over the bar. On their demise it was leased to the Club and the new Clubhouse was formally opened in December 1954. In 1965 with the help of member's loans the freehold was purchased outright and in 1974 the Club changed its name to the Dartmouth Yacht Club. Our local waters are recognised as one of the premier sailing areas on the South coast of England. The clubroom provide a panoramic view of the busy, working harbour of Dartmouth and the beautiful River Dart. The DartmouthYacht Club is accessible at all states of the tide. The Club offers an excellent venue for social and competitive sailing events. We are able to offer visiting and cruising yachtsmen the facilities of hot showers whilst a friendly greeting is assured at our bar and restaurant. Members, and visitors, may enjoy a full season of yacht racing and events whilst 'non-sailors' can enjoy a full and active social diary.